Theory of Computer Games
tshsu [AT] iis.sinica.edu.tw
TEL: +886-2-2788-3799 ext. 1701
- Teaching excellence award 20160926
- Topics that may be covered in this course.
- Syllabus and a brief overview
- Theory of computer games: an AI oriented introduction
- Single-agent search
- 2-player perfect information games: A brief survey
- C.E. Shannon's 1950 computer chess paper
- Alpha-beta pruning: Algorithms and analysis
- Scout and NegaScout
- Enhancements to alpha-beta search
- Parallel alpha-beta based game tree search
- Monte-Carlo game tree search
- Case study: Computer Chinese chess
- Concluding remarks
- Good programming skills: this course asks for an implementation
of a 2-player game as part of the requirements.
- Good training in basic data structures and algorithms.
- It is better that you either have taken A.I. before or have known
basic ideas of A.I by yourself.
- Home pages of all the years that I taught and am teaching.